Tuesday, March 9, 2010

"I been outside talkin' 'bout four things..."



Holy crap, has it really been almost a month since I last talked to you?!

We've got a few things going on in the wide, wide world of JOHN WILKES YOUTH, so I'll just run through the list and then add funny pictures and links.

First of all, I want to apologize to two groups of people. First, I would like to send my sincerest regrets to all of northwest-of-Philadelphia-but-not-quite-Allentown, Pennsylvania for not being able to hang out and play during our first John-Wilkes-Weekend-That-Became-A-One-Day-Mini-Road-Trip. I'm pretty bummed the show got canceled, it was going to be sweet to play with Common Enemy.

Second, I would like to send my personal sincerest apologies to everyone involved with running, playing, or going to the show in Trenton this past Sunday. My job was in jeopardy if I skipped it to play the show, and it would have been awful timing as far as money is concerned. We take all our shows seriously, and it's nobody's fault but my own that we had to drop off that show. I was so excited to play with our dudes in Outlast (and by "our dudes," I mean Justin and Richard's dudes). I hope you guys got to enjoy Justin's other "our dudes" in My Turn To Win. Their new EP shreds.

Okay, that's my 49% for this blog post.

There are also good things happening with our band:

• We have t-shirts! They are funny (much more to me) rip-offs of the classic Agnostic Front logo. You can buy them from us at a show for eight dollars, or for eight+shipping from our BigCartel site. You can also buy the demo for a buck!


• We actually have a few shows coming up! The first one is going to be on Friday, April 9th in Philadelphia (ask us for the address!) with a bunch of awesome bands. Headlining the show is NO FRIENDS, whose self-titled album was definitely in my top five for the year 2009. Imagine Tony from Municipal Waste and like half of the late, great New Mexican Disaster Squad playing fast, in-your-face hardcore. Lucky for you, that band exists, and it is No Friends. Also playing the show is AFFIRMATIVE ACTION JACKSON (with Josh and Andy from Paint it Black), who absolutely rules and doesn't play neeeeeearly enough and DEEP SLEEP from Baltimore who sound like every awesome hardcore band from the 1980s.

It is one of the greatest shows that we will probably play this year, so thanks to Andy Nelson for letting us play.


That's most of the goings-on, as far as JWY is concerned! If anyone's going down to Florida for the second annual Harvest of Hope Fest this weekend, I'll be there with four of my best friends camping in a giant tent (with a New Jersey state flag staked outside) and getting wet thinking about seeing Dear Landlord (Dream Homes was easily my favorite record of 2009).

'Til then!

MD

No comments:

Post a Comment