Monday, February 1, 2010

Get stoked!

I don't know about you, but I am [really/super/mad/hella/wicked/crazy] stoked for our show on February 6th with SEASICK, ZHENIA GOLOV, and OUTLAST. These are some of the best DIY hardcore bands in New Jersey right now, and it's silly that we even get to play the same show as them (it also helps when your singer knows them all personally and is booking the show, but bear with me).

Our set will be spiced up from the last show (thank god), so it should be a good time for all. Get there early, cause we play first!

If you need the address, just e-mail the band at johnwilkesyouth@gmail.com. Seriously though. It's not a big deal. We're not going to laugh at you because you don't know where the show is.

See, this kid did it!
Other things going on:

We've officially been trashed on the Internet!

It's a rite of passage for all up-and-coming (are we even up or coming yet?) hardcore bands. Now, regardless of if Richard actually spammed their board with his plugs (which, I mean, he did, but everybody does that), some of that stuff is pretty silly in there.


It's a pun. It's a half-hearted attempt at being funny.

See? This guy knows "funny." Ghost of Patrick Swayze? That's gold. However, we are not white power by any means. Granted, there's no way to know that we are or aren't unless you A) have a demo and see some of the lyrics, or B) know us in real life. So this is excusable as "speculation."


Wakkwakkawakka street justice wakkawakkawakka (jeez I miss BTC)

Alright, Blogspot is really annoying when it comes to posting images, so I'll stop here. It's just hilarious. There's also a thread devoted entirely to trashing Richard. I'm considering posting in there just to threaten them that he will, indeed, lick all of their rumps. Oh, and there's a lot of homophobic blather I don't even want to give the pleasure of re-posting here. Whatever. Karma's a bitch.

Oh! Go listen to Stressed Out's new songs. They are very rad, especially if you like metal. I don't, particularly, but I love these dudes and these songs. I had the pleasure of hanging with them for two days last weekend, and it was a great time. I fucked my hand up during two days' of "Disney Kids." It looked like this:


I can't wait until they play with Former Thieves, Troublemaker, and Worlds at the end of the month. Every single one of those bands rules.

That's about all I got for today.

Have fun, stay safe, stay positive, and don't let anyone ever charge you more than one dollar for a can of AriZona.

MIKE DAVIS





No comments:

Post a Comment