Monday, February 8, 2010

I know that the snow sucks, and it's hard to avoid...

First of all, a huge thanks to everyone who came out to our show at the Food Not Bombs benefit show on Saturday! I had an awful day that got progressively better, mainly thanks to this show.

If you didn't notice, about a foot of snow fell on central New Jersey between Friday night and Saturday afternoon. This forced, among other things:
  • A waste of three hours shoveling my entire house while my family was snowed in at a dance competition in Atlantic City.
  • Outlast had to cancel. This was a total bummer, but it was for the best. We value the safety of one of the best D.I.Y. bands in NJ over one basement show. Can't wait 'til March 7th! [more on that below]
  • I expected just about nobody to show up to see the awesome show that had been planned for months.
That was my 49% negativity for the day. After I got to New Brunswick, things just turned right 'round. I bought a can of 'Zona, which was awesome. Then, our good friend Rob from Zhenia Golov offered to have his new band, who I think was called Coming Clean, open up the show.

But wait! It was 7:45, and there were maybe 10 or 15 people there. Coming Clean was set to start right around 7:50, and it looked like the snow had won. But in a sudden turn of events, a whole bunch (my hyperbolic eyes say about 40) showed up between 7:45 and around 8:00, when we started.

As for the set, it went much better than our first show. We played way more songs than we did last time (or probably ever will again unless we want Richard's head to explode), including a cover of the Gorilla Biscuits' "Big Mouth." Luckily, somebody at the show captured video of just about half of this cover song.

The Internet strikes again!

John Wilkes Youth 6 fev 10 @ somewhere
Uploaded by trustnoone987. - See the latest featured music videos.

After we were done, Zhenia Golov and Seasick both killed it, as per usual. I think Seasick covered a Kill Your Idols, but don't quote me on that.


MORE SHOWS!

We've got two shows scheduled so far, and we're psyched to play both of them.


The first one is scheduled on Saturday, February 27th at the Charm City Art Space in Baltimore, Maryland. Thanks a lot to our new friend (and Richard's old friend) Jack for setting this show up for us. We're playing with a bunch of cool bands, and it's sure to be a good time. Also, how great is that flyer?!


The second show is scheduled for Sunday, March 7th at the Mill Hill Basement in Trenton, NJ. We're playing with an awesome hardcore band from New York, Bring Out Your Dead, and our friends in Outlast!

Now, the show is in the basement of a bar called the Mill Hill Saloon which, I admit, is very not posi. However, I've been assured that show is indeed ALL AGES, which means any and all are welcome.

That's about all I've got for you guys, for now! Stay safe, and we hope to see you soon. I like this idea of Monday blog updates, because it gives me something to do before class.

MD

No comments:

Post a Comment